Rare’s Sea of Thieves released last week to a highly anticipated group of gamers who have been itching to hop back into the Seas since the first couple of Beta tests last month. Unfortunately, lots of players were left disappointed, with some comparing the game to No Man’s Sky with regards to the lack of content and game depth.
Xbox Boss Phil Spencer took to Twitter recently to defend against the criticism Rare was facing, he noted that Microsoft has plans for Sea of Thieves’ future and will remain committed to this new IP and its growth. Following that post he spoke in a positive light about the game’s social aspects and mechanics, giving mention to how he was “proud of Rare” for conceptualizing and creating Microsoft’s “next big IP”.
One fan responded to his tweets stating that the game lacks mechanical depth, to which Spencer responded, saying that the lack of depth was done to make the game accessible to a larger audience, and will be expanded on in the future.
Thoughts? Let us know down in the comments below. Sea of Thieves is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- Sea of Thieves’ Death Tax Aborted Following Player Mutiny
- Crackdown 3 Is Still Making Good Progress According To Phil Spencer
- Sea of Thieves Pre-load Is Now Available
- Sea of Thieves Hits 1 Million Players In First 24hrs
- Microsoft’s E3 This Year Will Be 100 Minutes Long