CD Projekt RED’s upcoming sci-fi action RPG title, Cyberpunk 2077, is one of the most anticipated titles. The studio are known for their story-rich and excellent narrative titles, and The Witcher series is a perfect example. Players were free to make choices and their choices affected Geralt’s fate, and ultimately the game’s ending. This time around the studio wants to make player choices more impactful, affecting Cyberpunk 2077’s protagonist, V, much more than it did with Geralt.
CD Projekt RED writer Stanisław Święcicki was featured in the September issue of GamesMaster magazine, where he discussed the impact of player choices and how Cyberpunk 2077’s V is different than The Witcher’s Geralt.
Every well-established protagonist needs a story, and our character is no exception. That said, the choices players make will play a huge part in shaping V on more levels than they ever have in our previous games.
Whereas Geralt was a professional, a veteran monster slayer who knew the world inside out, V is a hired gun looking to make the big leagues. When you look at it this way, V’s perspective isn’t too different from the player’s, who is also just getting to know Night City and deciding their stance towards it.
Cyberpunk 2077 still doesn’t have a release date but we’ll update you once anything is confirmed. For now, here is everything you need to know about the title.
[Source: GamesMaster September 2018 magazine via WCCFTech]
- CD Projekt Red Address Cyberpunk 2077 First-Person Character Customization Concerns
- Cyberpunk 2077 devs want to help if you can’t play in first-person
- CD Projekt RED Reveal Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have more Romance Options than Witcher
- Cyberpunk’s original creator says a 2077 tabletop game is “likely”
- CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk 2077 Will Attend E3 2019