Looks look PUBG is following the same direction as Fortnite: Battle Royale. PUBG Corp. has recently stated that they intend on releasing a continuous set of timed modes to keep the game fresh and interesting.
“We are very excited to announce a new system coming to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – the Event Mode. You can think of the Event Mode as a periodically changing preset Custom Game where we will be trying new things and experimenting with different game parameters.
Using the Event Mode, players will be able have Battle Royale experiences otherwise not available in the public matches. But it’s designed to be much more than just a preset Custom Game, as Event Mode will feature new content, much of it available in the game only for a limited time.”
PUBG will be keeping things simple with its first event.
“This week you will be able to play with up to 8 players in a team and the rifle drop rate will be doubled. We know it’s not a huge change from the public matches but this is just to get things rolling. The future of the Event Mode holds exciting things!”
PUBG is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- PUBG Update Brings 2 DC Comic Licensed Skins Alongside Slew of New Fixes; Full Patch Notes detailed
- Brendan Greene Defends Charging Players For Custom Matches
- PUBG PC Patch 18 Adds Custom Matches, New Weapon, New Vehicle and More
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Hits 10 Million Players Since Launch
- Daily Deal: Get PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds For Only $26.49 On Newegg