The latest patch for the Xbox One iteration of the battle royale extravaganza, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has just dropped. For those expecting new content, don’t get your hopes up – the patch is mainly there to fix bug issues. The news comes from the Twitter of Microsoft executive producer Nico Bihary who is currently focused on PUBG for the console. The main focus of this patch is on stability and performance optimization. There have also been performance changes to the game’s menu system, allowing for faster scrolling and selection.
Check out the full list of changes down below.
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments – players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
- A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly
PUBG is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- PUBG Latest Xbox One Patch Focuses On Optimization
- Far Cry 5 Gets A New Update; Fixes Bugs
- PUBG’s Xbox One Version Receives Update; Increases Weapon Damage on Vehicles and More
- Far Cry 5 Update Coming Next Week; Improves Co-Op Connectivity and Various Stability and Performance Enhancements
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Receives a New Update; Adds Extra Menu Functionality