The 2020 holiday season’s game console showdown is set.
The PlayStation 5 next-gen system will roll out starting in North America and Japan on Nov. 12, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today. That will be followed by Europe and additional regions on Nov. 19.
The PS5 Digital Edition will be available for a recommended retail price of $399.99, while the PS5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive will be available for $499.99. Sony said pre-orders will be available starting as early as tomorrow at select retailers.
Sony also announced new updates to the PS5 game portfolio, including “Final Fantasy XVI,” “Fortnite,” “Hogwarts Legacy” and a new “God of War” title.
The PS5 console is due out just two days after Microsoft’s own next-generation Xbox consoles are set to ship Nov. 10: The entry-level Xbox Series S is priced at $299 and the Xbox Series X will cost $499.
PS5 will offer “a new generation of experiences that go beyond players’ expectations of how games can look, feel, sound, and play,” Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said in a statement.
Both PS5 models use the same custom processor with integrated CPU and GPU for high-fidelity graphics up to 4K, as well as the same ultra-high speed SSD with integrated I/O that will deliver lightning-fast loading. Both PS5 models also offer a deepened sense of immersion through the DualSense wireless controller and 3D audio capabilities, so players will enjoy the same transformative gameplay experiences regardless of which PS5 they choose.
Adding to its growing games portfolio, SIE today unveiled several new titles coming to PS5, including:
• Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (Capcom)
• Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix)
• Five Nights at Freddy’s Security Breach (Steel Wool Studios and ScottGames)
• Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros. Games)
• A new God of War title (Santa Monica Studio)
With titles such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and Demon’s Souls, “the breadth of unique gaming experiences coming to PS5 represent the best lineup in PlayStation history,” SIE boasted. Exclusive titles from SIE Worldwide Studios will be priced at launch from $49.99-$69.99 on PS5.
- Hogwarts Legacy New Game of Harry Potter RPG Coming To PS5 in 2021
- Hogwarts Legacy: J.K. Rowling “Not Directly Involved” in the Title
- God of War Ragnarok Release Date, Trailer & All You Need To Know
- Hogwarts: Legacy Officially Announced, New Trailer Released; Set to Launch 2021
- Sony Announces Final Fantasy 16, PlayStation Console Exclusive