Pokemon Go developer Niantic has revealed what they have planned for their Valentine’s Day event.
Beginning today and running until February 15, players will receive double candy when catching Pokemon, hatching them from eggs, transferring them to Professor, and finding candy with a buddy Pokemon.
Naturally, certain pink Pokemon will appear more often, with the odds of finding Chansey, Clefable, and Porygon in the wild increased over the length of the events. Players will also be more likely to hatch baby Pokemon including Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Smoochum. Additionally, Lure modules, which normally last 30 minutes, will now go for six hours.
Valentine’s Day represents the fourth holiday event for Pokemon Go, following the influx of ghost Pokemon during Halloween, double experience over Thanksgiving, and free egg incubators for Christmas. One would assume Niantic has plans for St. Patrick’s Day — and most definitely Easter — but we’ll have to wait and see what sort of bonuses they have in store for those holidays.
Pokemon Go was the most downloaded game in the App Store in 2016 and tends to see a surge in popularity corresponding with each new holiday event. Niantic plans to do a full release of Generation 2 Pokemon sometime this year, but it’s unclear when that might be.
- ‘Pokemon Go’ Halloween Event Finally Introduces (Some) Gen 3 Pokemon
- ‘Pokemon Go’ Announces New Easter Egg Event, With Double XP
- ‘Pokemon Go’ Valentine’s Update Has Secretly Improved Egg Hatching
- ‘Pokemon Go’ Announces New Water Festival Event, Increase in Rare Item Drops
- Pokemon Go Surprises Players With Gen 4 Release