Players hyped to get their hands on Santa Monica’s God of War will be able to initiate the pre-load download from today. the game itself will go live at 12 AM ET, April 20th on the PlayStation Store; those on the West Coast can play it at 9 PM PT, April 19th. Before hitting download, make sure you have enough space however, as the game is set to take up a modest 45 gig of space on your HDD.
For those who pre-ordered the game digitally, you’ll be getting access to some exclusive unlocks:
God of War digital pre-order bonuses
- Buckler of the Forge
- Shining Elven Soul Shield
When it comes to any microtransactions, Creative Director Cory Barlog was emphatic when responding to the question of whether microtransactions would wind up in Valhalla, shooting down the possibility with a “no freaking way”. Can’t get much clearer than that.
Excited to get your hands on this reboot of the series? Let us know down in the comments below.
God of War is a PlayStation 4 exclusive.
- Holy Kratos, God of War’s Download File is Super-Sized
- No Microtransactions Confirmed For God of War
- ‘God Of War’ PS4 Release Date Finally Announced
- God of War Quickfire Q&A Reveals New Details; 25-30% of the Game Is on a Boat
- This Is Why Kratos Can’t Jump In The New God of War