With two years of precision development under its belt, Violet Cycle is charging full steam ahead into early access. Made by one man team Weckr Industries, this metal-slashing, baddie-bashing arcade entry asks players to ascend to the apex of the universe’s final Tower Garden, while ridding several isometric dungeons of the chaos that lurks within them.
Along the way, there are seeds of life that must be saved at all costs. Using a vast array of strapping weapons and sturdy helmets, you’ll also need to dash and blast your way through procedurally generated combat encounters.
Judging by the general gameplay vibe, I’d wager it plays a bit like Ruin of the Reckless (including the muted colour palette) but with a switched camera perspective and low-poly visuals. Check out some of the finer action moments in the Violet Cycle trailer, here.
Want in on Violet Cycle‘s hyperkinetic goodness? Check it out on Steam (PC only) for $9.99 USD/€9.99/£7.19.
- Do Procedurally-Generated Game Worlds Lack Soul?
- BattleTech Out Now For PC
- Anthem Release Apparently Postponed To Next Year
- EVERSPACE Receives Gigantic ‘Ecounters’ DLC for PC, Xbox One
- No Man’s Sky Embarks on Globe-Trotting Journey to Xbox One