Sony’s PS4 has done phenomenally well during the December period. The entertainment console sold 5.9 million units during the holiday season – this puts the PS4 at 73.6 million sales globally as of December 31st.
With regards to game sales, the company managed to shift a staggering 55.9 million copies both digitally and retail. This totals up 645 million games sold since ending at December 31st
- PS4 has sold through to consumers more than 5.9 million units*1 during the 2017 holiday season.
- PS4 has now cumulatively sold through more than 73.6 million units*2 globally as of December 31, 2017.
- More than 55.9 million*3 PS4 games were sold during the 2017 holiday season in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store. This totals up to 645.0 million copies*4 cumulatively sold as of December 31, 2017.
“Thanks to the continued support from our fans across the globe, we are honored to announce remarkable sales during the holiday season,” said John Kodera, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment.
“PlayStation Network continues to demonstrate spectacular growth, with the number of PlayStation Plus subscribers surpassing 31.5 million*5, and PS Store recording its largest-ever monthly sales of content in December 2017. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to our community and our partners for helping us achieve such phenomenal milestones. We promise our unwavering commitment to bring more amazing experiences to our fans, including exclusive games and innovative network services, as PS4 continues to flourish as the best place to play.”
Did you pick up a PS4 during December? Let us know in the comments below.
- The PlayStation 4 Has Now Sold Over 70 Million Units Worldwide
- PS4 Holiday 2017 Sales Down From 2016
- Sony Has Shipped A Total of 67.5 Million PS4 Units
- DOOM Switch Sells an Estimated 81,000 Units During First Week
- Need For Speed: Payback Sells An Estimated 462,000 Units First Week at Retail