Bluehole Studio’s PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds keeps hitting milestone after milestone – with the latest being the game snagging a comfortable achievement of 3 million concurrent players online on Steam.
Of course, it was only a matter of time before the title managed to reach this, especially considering the amount of growth it’s had over the past few weeks alone no thanks to the launch of the new desert map (and not to mention the new vehicle as well as new weapons).
PUBG success is destined to continue, the Xbox One version of the game already has 1 million players after a launching only a week ago. I’m excited to see what else the studio has in mind for the Battle Royale players.
In other news, PUBG is set to leave early access 20 December, read more about it, here.
‘PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Starting with nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the lone survivor. This realistic, high tension game is set on a massive 8×8 km island with a level of detail that showcases Unreal Engine 4’s capabilities. ‘
PUBG is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Tops 26 Million Copies Sold
- PUBG is the first Steam game to have a million concurrent players for a full year
- PUBG Xbox One Hits The 5 Million Player Mark
- Daily Deal: Get PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds For Only $26.49 On Newegg
- PUBG Leaves Early Access 20 December