PlayerUknown’s Battlegrounds is set to get a new addition to the multiplayer third-person shooter. Players can now expect ping-based matchmaking with the next update. Essentially, this will mean that those with lower ping will be prioritized over those with a higher ping as opposed to the equal matchmaking grounds.
‘Unlike the method considered earlier, we are going to divide the matching pool depending on ping. This means that the users with lower pings will be prioritized during matchmaking. The team is expecting to improve the overall play experience by splitting the matching pool rather than restricting connection depending on ping. Preparations are underway to test this method in some regions, with first trials planned to start this week. Specific dates will be shared when ready.’
In addition to this, the team shared what else would be included in the next update, check out the patch notes for the upcoming update down below:
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat
PUBG is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- Latest PUBG PC Update Adds Teammate Reporting, New Sanhok-Exclusive Vehicle, a New Weapon and More
- New Update For PUBG PC Test Server Is Out
- Logging into PUBG will get you 20,000 BP for free
- ARMS Update 3.2 Adds Replays And Balance Fixes
- Latest PUBG Update Adds Snowy Vikendi Map, New Weapons, Tweaks Item Spawns and Much More