PUBG’s next map Miramar is set to finally arrive on Xbox One next week. The map was previously available for a brief moment on the test servers in April. Now Microsoft and Bluehole Studio have announced that Miramar will make its way to the Xbox One version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on May 24, and will become available after downloading an update that’s also said to improve the game’s performance further.
The development and Community Team stated that they wanted to create a completely different feel to the first map Erangel, with use of different terrain and vantage points so that players will have to utilize different tactics when approaching the map. The team also revealed the full map of Miramar, which contains eight cities varying in size and layout. More details about the cities can be found here.
‘When we decided to create a new map, we focused on creating an environment that is very different from Erangel. We wanted to go the opposite direction of having lush fields and forests and arrived at the harsh and unforgiving desert of what we can now reveal is Miramar. The unique terrain and dense urban areas of Miramar will create a new Battle Royale experience where the old strategies may no longer work and new tactics are required. ‘
PUBG is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- PUBG Full Desert Map Revealed; Dubbed Miramar
- PUBG Miramar Map Arrives To Xbox One Next Month
- PlatinumGames Working on Two Self-Published Titles; Games Will Be “Somewhere in the Middle” Between AAA and Indie
- PUBG Xbox One Update Released on Test Servers; Reduces Overall Rendering Time and Increases Weapon and Vehicles Spawn in Miramar
- New Update For PUBG PC Test Server Is Out