It seems like every few weeks, some major publisher puts out an earnings call or press release trumpeting some ridiculously large number of sales for its latest big-budget blockbuster. This week it’s Take Two, which yesterday announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 has shipped 23 million copies since its October 26 launch last year.
That’s the kind of really big number that defies easy comprehension in an everyday human scale. So to put that number in context, we decided to put it next to some other really big numbers from the game industry’s past. As you can see, Red Dead Redemption 2 is selling at or above the pace for some of gaming’s biggest franchises.
(Yes, we know it’s a totally unfair comparison.)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Download Size for PS4 and Xbox One Officially Revealed
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Online release times – console posses ride for beta tomorrow
- Red Dead Redemption 2 reviews – our round-up of all the critics
- Nintendo Reveals Why Red Dead Redemption 2 Didn’t Release On Nintendo Switch
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Set to Release Tomorrow Morning; Pre-Loading Digital Copies Begins This Friday