RAGE 2, co-developed by id Software and Avalanche Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks, is the sequel to the chaotic and apocalyptic first-person shooter RAGE. The game received an action-packed trailer, showcasing a number of different landscapes, different factions each with their unique skillset and combat style, and even their abilities in a shootout scene.
id Software’s former co-owner and studio director Tim Willits during QuakeCon 2018 discussed RAGE 2’s multiplayer. The game won’t feature a typical multiplayer experience, but a unique “social component.” As of now, Willits couldn’t reveal more details regarding the studio’s approach to multiplayer, but he believes it will “have enough hours of entertainment for your money.”
We will have a social component but it’s not your typical multiplayer. We’re not quite ready to talk about it but we understand community is important, and we understand connecting with other gamers is important. But there’s not a true what I call ‘classic’ multiplayer, so you’re not running around together with your friends, because we feel we have enough hours of entertainment for your money. We feel like we have a good offering.
RAGE 2 releases in Spring 2019 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. The studio also confirmed the absence of lootboxes from the game.
- Rage 2 Dev Discuss How Nanotrite Powers Impact Your Experience and Dynamic of the Game
- Characters are “really important” to Rage 2
- Tim Willits already wants to make Rage 3
- Who would win in a fight between Rage 2’s developers? We pit Avalanche against id Software
- Here’s How to Play ‘Rage 2’ According to Its Creative Director