The latest patch to appear on the Rainbow Six Siege test server brings some long-awaited quality of life changes. Montagne and Pulse mains, your abilities will now toggle by default. No more achy fingers from holding down the middle mouse button to keep your shield fully extended or to keep the heart rate scanner held up.
Also, it looks like Ubisoft is finally stepping off the fence about defenders blocking window vaults with deployable shields. There’s been chatter about whether this is a glitch for years and Ubi has never clearly stated whether it approves or not of its use as a tactic. The latest patch notes say “Placing a deployable shield perpendicular near a window will block the vault action for some windows” so it sounds like Ubi will be stopping this from occurring in future releases.
If you’re a Glaz main you’ll be a happy to find out his ever-changing OTs-O3 ammo is now able to destroy Castle’s Armour Panel. Maybe one day Ubisoft will finally settle on what Glaz’s rifle can and cannot destroy…
You can check out the full Rainbow six Siege Test Server patch notes over on the official subreddit. Beyond the three changes detailed above, there are a lot of minor bug fixes to come but nothing major.
- Rainbow Six Siege’s shield glitch has reared its ugly head once again
- Rainbow Six Siege Burnt Horizon patch notes – here’s what hits the TTS today
- Rainbow Six Siege leak hints at a deployable exploding shield gadget
- Rainbow Six Siege Grim Sky brings big nerfs for Maverick (yes, already)
- Rainbow Six Siege TTS nerfs Frost traps and gives Kaid C4