The latest incoming patch for Rainbow Six Siege will be the the Year 4 Season 1.3 update, and Ubisoft has revealed that it will drop tomorrow – April 16 on PC, with console owners having to wait until the day after.
In preparation for the update, the team has also released the full Y4S1.3 patch notes, which details a bunch of significant changes coming to the game. As has previously been revealed, the biggest update is to Lion’s ability – which is getting a major rework due to player demand. Capitao’s asphyxiating bolts are also getting some changes.
As Ubisoft detailed just last week in the Siege team’s latest designer notes, the much-requested Lion rework is “aimed at reducing the oppressive feeling of his ability while maintaining his intel-gathering role”. His ability warning is decreasing from three to 1.5 seconds, and scanning is dropping from four to two seconds. He also now has three charges instead of two, and his ability cooldown has been reduced from 27 seconds to 15. Furthermore, Virgil’s ERC–7 cloak now makes him immune to Lion’s scan.
As for Capitao, the team are altering his abilities to bring him more in line with his “original intention”, which is area denial. Dart fire damage per tick is reducing from 19 to 12, the area of effect size is increased, and
it takes two seconds to reach maximum size. As Ubisoft notes, “adjustments to his AOE damage will now emphasize skill and not blind luck.”
Related: check out the best multiplayer games on PC
Other than this, other Siege operators will receive a minor adjustment to their abilities too – although not to the same degree as Lion or Capitao. Blitz’s ballistic shield flash cooldown will increase from 2 to 7 seconds between flashes, Maestro’s Evil Eyes windows will open a little when disabled by EMPs or Shock Drones, and if Echo uses his PDA he can be detected by IQ. For the rest of the changes, check out the full patch notes below or on Ubisoft’s update site.
- Reduced the ability warning to 1.5 seconds (from 3 seconds).
- Reduced the scanning to 2 seconds (from 4 seconds).
- Replaced the scan outline by a red ping debuff.
- Increased the number of charges to 3 (from 2 charges).
- Reduced the ability cooldown to 15 seconds (from 27 seconds).
- Vigil’s ability ERC–7’s cloak makes him immune to Lion’s scan.
With more of a focus on intel gathering, now this predator has to play smart to catch his prey. Check out the Designer’s Notes to learn more.
- Dart fire damage per tick reduced to 12 (from 19/tick).
- Dart fire AOE size increased and now takes 2 seconds to reach max size.
- Arrows now follow a straight trajectory until 10 meters. Past 10 meters, there is an arrow trajectory falloff due to gravity.
Adjustments to his AOE damage will now emphasize skill and not blind luck.
- Ballistic shield flash cooldown increased to 7 seconds between flashes (from 2 second CD).
Enjoy the breather!
- AUG–A3 damage increased to 33 (up from 27).
- Remove a magazine from TCSG12 Shotgun to reduce total ammunition to 51 (down from 61).
Now the commander has a few choices to make.
- Maestro’s Evil Eyes windows will automatically open halfway when disabled by EMPs or Shock Drones.
Maestro’s defenses were a bit too ironclad, so we’ve opened up the window of opportunity a little.
- Added idle SFX to Nomad’s Airjab once deployed to act as warning feedback for gadget position when active Airjabs are nearby.
- Replaced Claymore with 3x Stun Grenades in Nomad’s loadout.
Listen to the wind, it talks.
- Changes to the reverse Candela cooking mechanic. The longer it cooks, the less time it takes to explode.
New and improved recipe.
- IQ can now detect Echo when he is using his PDA.
- Fixed – Sound propagation issues through destroyed walls.
Sound should now move through destroyed walls more clearly. This fix is currently still in progress as we work our way through the remaining walls where the issue is still present.
- Fixed – Pressing the Home button in a custom online match on PC/XBOX while using a controller kicks the player out of their own lobby.
- Fixed – Squads are forced out in custom online lobbies when one member leaves.
- Fixed – Inviting a squad member already in a custom lobby forces players out of the lobby and breaks invites from leader.
- Fixed – When ember lethal bolt is shot directly on a wall, fire FX is not occluded and damage is still dealt on the other side of the wall.
- Fixed – Kriss 308 damage curve dropoff. Damage curve now properly adheres to damage curve stated in UI.
- Fixed – Defenders can sometimes be pinged a 4th time at the end of Lion’s debuff effect, after the 3 regular pings if there is network latency.
- Fixed – Sometimes defenders affected by Lion’s scan can see a 4th red triangle appearing in the debuff icon after the scan if there is network latency.
- Fixed – White outline and inner glow of drones hacked by Mozzie disappear if Mozzie only has direct line of sight to only part/half of the drone. (fixed in all online modes)
- Fixed – Nomad’s detonation VO line does not play or plays too late when someone is caught in her Airjab.
- Fixed – Ying’s Candela SFX and UI crosshair indicators are not synchronized with the Candela lights while charging.
- Fixed – Ying’s Candela placement in her hand while crouching is off when viewed from 3rd person POV.
- Fixed – Players can clip through the walls of the brown sheds of Outback.
- Fixed – Gridlock Trax Stingers can deploy inside the indestructible floor at 3F Bedroom Hallway.
- Fixed – During the planning phase there is no way to pick up the defuser and no related UI elements are present on the Ready screen.
- Fixed – Defusers can be thrown in the shelf of 1F Garage of Outback, and operators can clip through the shelf as well.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be retrieved after being dropped out of bounds behind a caravan in EXT Camping in Outback.
- Fixed – Defenders can reach Convenience Store Roof on Outback after vaulting a rail.
- Fixed – Players have a LoS towards Back Entrance by vaulting onto a vending machine in Outback.
- Fixed – Player have a LoS towards Fuel Pumps by vaulting onto a freezer in Outback.
- Fixed – Erroneous vault prompt at EXT Fuel Pumps.
- Fixed – Operators clip through metal railing when rappelling at EXT Motel Balcony in Outback.
- Fixed – Operators can enter a washing machine while rappelling on EXT Motel Balcony in Outback.
- Fixed – Operators clip through destructible walls in 2F Games Room and 2F Dorms of Outback.
- Fixed – LOD issues in 2F Office of Outback.
- Fixed – Operators can break collision with shelf in 1F Garage in Outback.
- Fixed – Minor visual texture and clipping bugs.
- Fixed – Players can vault onto catwalk area in 1F Garage of Clubhouse.
- Fixed – Attackers can go on top of the purple tarps on Coastline.
- Fixed – Various rocks outside Chalet do not have matching collision boxes (fixed for some spots).
- Fixed – Loss of focus after selecting equip to all in shop menu can’t be regained with keyboard.
- Fixed – R6 Extreme Fan and Pro League Chibi ’19 thumbnails have placeholder present.
- Fixed – The Golden Wattle Charm is missing from title.
- Fixed – Jäger’s birthday skin operator icon is rotated compared to the normal icon.
- Fixed – Sledge’s birthday skin operator icon is inverted compared to the normal icon.
- Fixed – Minor visual texture/modeling issues for Ash’s FBI uniform, Sledge’s First War Headgear, Mute’s Clone and Union Jack headgears.
- Latest Rainbow Six Siege operator changes detailed – “the Lion rework is ready”
- Rainbow Six Siege Pro League just banned Lion for the first part of Season 9
- World War Z Update Fixes Corrupted Save Files, Gameplay Stability, and More; Full Set of Patch Notes Detailed
- Star Wars Battlefront II Receives Extensive Balancing Hotfix for The Capital Supremacy Expansion
- New World War Z Patch Will Stop Corrupting Saves