Recently rumors have been circulating around the gaming community that certain upcoming triple-A games will such as Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield 5, Anthem, Borderlands 3, New Splinter Cell and The Division 2, will have exclusive marketing rights with the Xbox platform.
A fan went on to directly ask the Director behind the third iteration of Borderlands, Randy Pitchford, if any of the rumors are true, to which he responded by saying he has absolutely no idea. Personally, I would think that if there were exclusive marketing deals in the works with Borderlands he probably would’ve been informed about them at one stage or another as most of these exclusive deals warrant special development treatment to the specific platform (eg. extra items, special levels ect.)
Over the weekend, Billionaire inventor, Elon Musk introduced his first product from Boring Company. A friggin’ flamethrower.
Obviously, myself and thousands of others on the internet were overjoyed with his invention (I mean why wouldn’t you be?), and it seems we’ve got another reason to be even more psyched. Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford responded to one of Elon Musk’s tweets, asking if the flamethrower could be in the next Borderlands game, to which Elon responded, “Sure”.
- No Exclusive Microsoft Marketing Deal With Borderlands 3 Confirms Gearbox
- The Next Borderlands Game Could Have Elon Musk’s Flamethrower
- Borderlands studio boss really likes the number 3 lately
- Ubisoft’s Chief Creative Officer Talks Splinter Cell Future
- Elon Musk to video game devs: Help me put “super fun games” on Tesla screens