Sea of Thieves received an update a couple of days ago, and it balanced several weapons while performing several UI changes and bug fixes.
Rare Games shared Sea of Thieves’ content roadmap, with the first content update titled The Hungering Deep releasing in May. Weekly events will also kick off in May, with participants receiving unique rewards and introducing new mechanics special for the events. Following The Hungering Deep, Sea of Thieves receives two content updates, Cursed Sails and Forsaken Shores.
Our first content update, The Hungering Deep, will release in May and bring with it a new AI threat to the world. Crews will have to work together to discover and defeat this threat as part of a unique event. We will also be introducing a number of new mechanics to assist players on this adventure, and there will be unique rewards that players can earn as part of this event. Beyond this, we will begin our weekly events programme during May, where we introduce new mechanics and give players fun new ways to play with weekly events and rewards. In the summer months, we’ll debut two more content updates with Cursed Sails, which will include a new ship type, and Forsaken Shores, which will introduce players to a perilous new part of the world to explore. Similarly to The Hungering Deep, both of these updates will also include new gameplay mechanics for players, new AI threats to challenge and new unique rewards to claim.
- Bringing players together in interesting ways, encouraging different types of player encounters
- Enriching the world that players adventure in
- Giving players new ways to play
- Giving players a variety of goals and rewards
- Broadening the journey to Pirate Legend and beyond
Make sure to check out the developer video below for more information regarding the game’s content plans.
- Sea of Thieves To Introduce Skeleton Themed Weapons Next Week
- Sea of Thieves Patch 1.1.4 Drops; Ends The Bilge Rat Adventure And Fixes Bugs
- Two New Expansions Coming To Sea Of Thieves
- Sea Of Thieves Producer Believes Title Had a Successful Launch; Focus Now on Success “Longer Term”
- Rare Studio Head Responds to Sea of Thieves’ Encounter Frequency Comments; Clarifies Dynamic Matchmaking System