After a short delay, mobile app Hidden Secrets has taken to crowdfunding platform Kickstarter to help a long-time dream come true. Hidden Secrets is an augmented reality adventure infused with hand-drawn 2D illustrations. A multi-layered experience, it challenges players with its intersection of real world exploration, interactive mini-games, and challenging daily puzzles. So far, it has been very well received, collecting more than half of its projected $20,000 USD funding goal.
Hidden Secrets begins its epic treasure hunt with the discovery of an ancient journal. Your job is to follow the clues left behind in its pages, each one pointing towards the locations of hidden treasures. Anyone who correctly solves the puzzles is presented with a virtual world map, which allows you to predict the location of a treasure; players don’t have to physically visit the location, and have no limits on the amount of guesses they can make. There are 10 real world locations to decode, each one offering $10,000 USD as cash reward for a total bounty of $100,000 USD.
At its core, Hidden Secrets has been designed to bridge the gap between the real and the virtual. In this third world, players are invited to participate in an intellectual journey that taps into genuine curiosity and redefines how we play.
Hidden Secrets is expected to launch late 2017 for iOS and Android devices.
- World of Warcraft secret hunters have uncovered a hidden Diablo-themed pet
- Niantic rolls out suggestion system for new Pokémon Go locations
- Fortnite Snobby Shores treasure map location revealed
- Rare Announces Sea of Thieves Treasure Hunt; A Pair of Golden Bananas Valued at £80,000 as Prize
- Fortnite: search between a gas station, soccer pitch, and Stunt Mountain location