After multiple teases and months of anticipation, Red Barrels has finally revealed their newest project they have been working on over the past months.
The newest project is called “The Outlast Trials”, and will act as a multiplayer survival horror game in which you and three other test subjects must escape the horrors of the trials. What that means, we have no idea, but it’s sounds scary as hell!
In addition, it has been announced this title is indeed a sequel to the popular Outlast series, however, it will not connect to prior games besides being set in the same universe. Not many more details have been announced, but developer Red Barrels has stated stay tuned for more details soon.
Check out the official announcement from Red Barrel on Facebook down below:
Welcome to The Outlast Trials.
Our team is excited to announce our latest project in the Outlast universe. Set in the era of the Cold War, The Outlast Trials will allow players to face the horrors that await by themselves or with fellow test subjects 💉
The Outlast Trials is still in production, and as our co-founder David Chateauneuf puts it: “Now we’ve done our proof of concept, it is time focus on content creation, variety… and gore.”
Outlast Trials currently does not have any release date, but as we patiently await its release, PS Plus members can jump into Outlast 2 as it was included in the free games of the month for November 2019.
What are your thoughts on the announcement? Are you excited as we are? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stay right here at Gameranx for the latest gaming news releasing.
- Outlast Developers Tease Announcement Coming Soon, Cryptic Photo Released
- Frictional Games Announces Amnesia: Rebirth, Promises to be a New Story, Protagonist, and Setting
- Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris release time – here’s when to expect the returning mode
- Nintendo and LEGO Teases Mysterious Collaboration
- Valve Announces New Half-Life Title; “Flagship VR” Game, More Details Set to Release This Thursday