Originally scheduled to drop in late 2017 and then pushed back to this Spring, Rockstar Games has announced that its highly-anticipated western game Red Dead Dedeption 2 will now arrive on October 26th, 2018. In other words, don’t make any plans for Halloween this year.
Here’s Rockstar’s official statement on the matter:
We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologise to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish.
We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks.
Seeing as how the original Red Dead Redemption is arguably one of the greatest games ever made, it’s nice to see Rockstar taking all the time they need to make sure the sequel is as polished as possible. Still, it’s been nearly a decade since the first game was released and we’re chomping at the bit to saddle up and take the new game for a ride. Hopefully Rockstar will make the extra wait time a little more bearable with a couple more trailers but in the meantime, let’s watch the last one again and start getting excited for this October.
Follow me on Twitter at Nick_Steinberg.
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ Has Officially Been Delayed Out Of 2017
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer Officially Releases
- Gamers Uncover Upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 Challenge For GTA Online
- Take-Two CEO Promises to “Shatter Expectations” with Red Dead Redemption 2; Online Experience “Extraordinary, but Unexpected”
- Rockstar Spills the Beans on Red Dead Redemption 2 Release