Don’t look now, but Rey Mysterio may soon be on his way back to WWE television. Or GFW. No one really knows, actually!
Mysterio has been a part of the Lucha Underground promotion/series since 2015, but there are currently no plans announced for a fourth season of the show. That may leave Mysterio, a former WWE champion, on the verge of free agency (assuming he didn’t sign one of those rumored seven-year contracts).
According to Sports Illustrated, Mysterio’s current Lucha Underground deal expires after three seasons, with the third season being scheduled to end in September. That leaves the door open for a return to either WWE or GFW in late 2017 or early 2018. The SI report also says that both companies are actively pursuing the masked legend.
Mysterio, who is now 42-years-old, may try to get himself a deal with GWF if they can promise him a lighter work schedule, much like they did for the now-suspended Alberto El Patron. However, Mysterio’s son is also trying to make a name for himself in the wrestling business, so rebuilding some of those WWE connections could be in the family’s longterm plans.
- WWE 2K19 Wooooo! Collector’s Edition Features a Piece of his Iconic Robe, Exclusive In-game Items and More
- Google Honors Legendary Lucha Libre Wrestler, El Santo
- Sexy Star Has Been Punished (Maybe Fired?) by AAA For Shooting on Her Opponent
- Robot llama DJ drops bass and and hints about the Fortnite season 6 theme
- Quiz: Can You Identify The Game By The World Map?