Fortnite’s launched into season 7 today, but Epic still had one more surprise for The Game Awards: The Block. An in-game event, occurring simultaneously with the announcement, saw a massive cement slab crush Risky Reels. This space will now be a regularly updated hub that looks to tie into the game’s new creative options.
The Block replaces Risky Reels from here on. It’s a new space where the best community creations, as chosen by Epic, will be displayed in-game as part of a sort of rolling live event. We didn’t get details on exactly how it’ll work, but it seems like things built in Fortnite Creative will become new, physical places to be explored in matches.
The Game Awards is an annual show hosted by Geoff Keighley that celebrates the best and brightest in the gaming year, and provides plenty of fresh announcements, trailers, and worldwide debuts for upcoming PC games. You can catch the show in progress on YouTube and Twitch, or whatever your media streaming platform of choice happens to be. Of course, you can also stick with us for more details on all the announcements as they happen.
See the video below.
This story is still developing. Keep checking back for more details as they come in during our coverage of The Game Awards.
- Mortal Kombat 11 launches April 2019 – here’s a trailer
- Anthem’s Game Awards trailer doubles down on story and reveals the villain
- Psychonauts 2 launches in 2019 – here’s the first trailer
- Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds might just be the New Vegas follow-up you’ve wanted
- BioWare confirms the next Dragon Age with a Game Awards trailer – sort of