Fancy getting in on that Rocket League action on Nintendo’s Hybrid console, the Switch? Well, now you can! Psyonix’s competitive football title has finally dropped on the Switch, giving players the ability to taste some of the Rocket League action on the go.
The game features “fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special Mutators that let you change the rules entirely”. What’s more, the title also features exclusive Nintendo themed cars, players will be able to select either ‘Mario NSR’, ‘Luigi NSR’ or ‘Samus Gunship’.
Interested in the technical specifications of the game? A Psyonix Graphics Engineer recently took to a Reddit AMA and revealed some details about the game’s resolution. While docked, Rocket League runs at 1280×720 all the time, but in handheld mode, it utilizes a dynamic resolution system. According to the engineer, it generally runs at around 1024×576, but Psyonix intends to keep working on optimizing the game on the Switch.
Rocket League is available via the Nintendo Switch eShop. I’m quite pumped to see just how well Psyonix has integrated the Switch’s capabilities with the title. Excited to hop into the action on your Nintendo console? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- Rocket League Latest Update Now Available; Players Can Create Their Own Tournament
- The Switch Version Of ‘Rocket League’ Is Getting Exclusive Nintendo Battle-Cars
- Psyonix CEO Determined to Add Cross-Platform Play to Rocket League; ‘We Built Rocket League to be a Cross-Platform Game’
- Rocket League To Get Crossplatform Party Chat Later This Year
- Rocket League Surpasses 40 Million Players Worldwide