Jagex’s annual fan festival is coming back for its ninth annual iteration, offering up a two-day event that will bring together players of both Runescape and Old School RuneScape. In honour of the former’s new Land Out of Time update, the festival is going Jurassic this year – so we’ll have a prehistoric theme tying the event together.
RuneFest 2019 starts on Friday, October 4, with the fan-voted Golden Gnome Awards, which will honour players’ favourite community members, content creators, and streamers with a red-carpet ceremony. The festival itself kicks off the next day, Saturday, October 5, with all the proper convention-style festivities you’d expect.
You can expect RuneFest to host new content announcements – whether or not you’re there – and attendees will have access to hands-on time with upcoming features for both Runescape and OSRS. There’ll also be a major LAN areas, panels from both Jagex and the community, and meetup opportunities for meeting the creative teams and Jmod developers.
Head to Eventbrite if you’d like tickets for the event, which takes place at Farnborough Exhibition and Conference Centre near London, UK. Tickets are £150.
- Epic to Host First-Ever ‘Fortnite’ Summer Block Party in June
- After 5 million Old School mobile downloads, RuneScape has more members than ever
- Runescape players push back on microtransactions after someone spent £50,000 in-game
- Tickets for Warframe event TennoCon 2019 go on sale this week
- RuneScape’s Elite Dungeons trilogy concludes today with The Shadow Reef