Listen, yes, we’re all excited about the inevitable-but-still-unannounced Grand Theft Auto 6 release date. But I’m here to tell you that there is already a game that has met and surpassed every expectation ever put upon the GTA series. That game is Saints Row: The Third, and following early leaks, a remaster of one of the best open-world games out there is finally confirmed.
Saints Row: The Third Remastered features a substantial graphical overhaul, with what the press release says is “around 4,000 assets reworked” courtesy of Sperasoft – a support studio that’s worked on everything from The Outer Worlds to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Weapons have been remodelled, cars have been redesigned, and a “vast proportion of the city” is blanketed in new textures. It’s the improved lighting that really stands out in the new trailer, though – Steelport looks practically modern, bathed in orange sunset.
The Remastered package also includes all the original DLC, including all the major story add-ons and new missions, plus the frankly absurd volume of cosmetic DLC released alongside the original game.
Saints Row: The Third Remastered is scheduled to launch on May 22, for $39.99 USD.
And yes, the end of the trailer does indeed feature an Epic Store logo. If you want to play SR3 on Steam, there’s always the much-cheaper original – currently $14.99 / £10.99 / €14.99 with the full DLC collection.
- A decade later, Saints Row 2’s bad PC port is finally getting fixed
- Crysis Remastered Launches September 18th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC; New Tech Trailer Released
- A new trailer reveals the Crysis Remastered release date, and it’s an Epic exclusive
- Bayonetta and Vanquish Bundle Available Now, Launch Trailer Released
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Trailer Leaks Online [Video]