Rare Studio has announced the open beta date for its highly anticipated co-op adventure, Sea of Thieves. The title is set to enter closed beta January 24th at 4 AM PT and it will be available until January 29th, 12 AM PT. If you were one of the lucky few who took part in the Insider Program prior to December 1st 2017 or pre-ordered the game, then you’ll receive access.
There hasn’t been much information provided regarding the closed beta, however, Rare did note that it offers “a true taste of the pirate life.”
That being said, you may want to give the excerpt a run through once again to see what you’ll be able to expect from the title:
‘From the acclaimed developer, Rare comes a shared-world adventure game that offers the ultimate pirate experience. Packed to the seams with sailing and exploring, fighting and plundering, riddle solving and treasure hunting, Sea of Thieves has everything you need to live the pirate life you’ve always dreamed about. Set in a glorious world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves immerses you in a new type of multiplayer action. Whether you’re adventuring as a group or sailing solo, you’re bound to encounter other crews – but will they be friends or foes? And how will you respond?’
Sea of Thieves has its final full-on launch March 20th for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. If you pick up the themed Xbox One controller on February 6th, you’ll access the Ferryman Clothing Set and receive a 14 day free trial of Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass.
- Sea Of Thieves Closed Beta Had 332,052 Players; 2 Million Hours Played Cumulatively
- Daily Deal: Snag Sea of Thieves For Only $43.49
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Kicks Off on January 24th; Content Included Detailed
- Sea of Thieves Gets Another Closed Beta This Weekend
- Sea Of Thieves Closed Beta Will Support Xbox Play Anywhere; Rendering Team Wants “to get Sea of Thieves running on a potato”