Overall, 332,052 players had participated in this closed beta who had together clocked in over 2 million hours in the game within this short period. Of the massive amount, 25,000 players broadcasted their time with the game or uploaded videos on gameplay. The uploaded videos were then watched an average of 104,240 viewers who had cumulatively watched almost 14.5 million hours of gameplay.
The game proved so popular, that it had the most live viewers on both Mixer and Twitch during the beta period.
While yes, these stats are considerably impressive it still remains to be seen if the numbers will turnover when the game releases 20 March 2018.
From acclaimed developer Rare comes a shared-world adventure game that offers the ultimate pirate experience. Packed to the seams with sailing and exploring, fighting and plundering, riddle solving and treasure hunting, Sea of Thieves has everything you need to live the pirate life you’ve always dreamed about. Set in a glorious world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves immerses you in a new type of multiplayer action. Whether you’re adventuring as a group or sailing solo, you’re bound to encounter other crews – but will they be friends or foes? And how will you respond?
Sea of Thieves will release on PC and Xbox One 20 March.
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Begins On January 24th
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Kicks Off on January 24th; Content Included Detailed
- Sea of Thieves Gets Another Closed Beta This Weekend
- Sea of Thieves Hits 1 Million Players In First 24hrs
- Rare Announces Sea of Thieves Treasure Hunt; A Pair of Golden Bananas Valued at £80,000 as Prize