Sea of Thieves’ next major update will add a volcanic new biome to the multiplayer privateer simulator. Named Forsaken Shores, the update will land on International Talk Like A Pirate Day, providing the perfect forum to do just that.
The new Devil’s Roar biome is dotted with islands where the volcanoes are all too active, providing a major environmental hazard thanks to frequent eruptions. Tumbling rocks and boiling geysers place players at risk, and even the sea itself can become too hot to handle.
Forsaken Shores does grant you ways of escaping serious scolding, however, in the form of caves and new rowboats to stuff full of treasure and sail back to your ship.
The update’s second big feature is Cargo Runs, a type of Merchant Alliance quest that asks you to pick up a set of items from an NPC and take them wherever they’re needed. Those items tend to have special requirements during transit: expensive cloth can’t get wet, for instance, while bottles of rum are brittle and plants need water to survive.
The info comes from an Inside Xbox livestream due to be uploaded soon on Eurogamer. Oh, and in case you’d forgotten: International Talk Like A Pirate Day is September 19th.
- Sea of Thieves: Forsaken Shores release date delayed for a “bug-free experience”
- Rare Games Shares Sea of Thieves Content Updates Roadmap
- Rocket League Salty Shores Update Adds New Beach-Themed Arena and Kicks Off Beach Blast Event
- Destiny 2: Forsaken release times – here’s when the expansion goes live
- Fallout 76 Upcoming Update Delayed on Consoles, PC Players Still on Track; Patch Notes Detailed