Since Sea of Thieves released last week, Rare has been on the ball addressing any issues surfacing from the open-world social title. Most recently, the developer has just dropped a massive update.Weighing in at a whopping 18 gigs, the update is set to improve stability and performance.
“We are also releasing a new game client to all players on Tuesday March 27 which contains a wide array of fixes across our services, stability and game experience,” Rare explained.
“This is a full game update as opposed to just a patch. If we’d wanted it to be a smaller client update we would have had to delay by a number of days, and felt the priority here was releasing the improvements to our player base.
“For our next client update, we plan to be a much smaller patch size.”
Rare has released a small set of patch notes describing a couple of the changes, we should expect the rest of the notes by the end of the day.
1. Temporarily missing items
- We have seen reports of players loading into the game and not having items/weapons.
2. Reported performance issues on Xbox One X
- We have seen some performance issues reported when playing Sea of Thieves on Xbox One X.
3. Players not receiving entitlements such as the Black Dog Pack
- Anyone who has redeemed their code should now see this being available from tomorrow’s client update. If you are yet to receive your code, the final batch of these are being sent out this week.
Sea of Thieves is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- PUBG Xbox One Gets A New Patch Reducing Intermittent In-game Lag
- Sea of Thieves Pre-load Is Now Available
- Sea of Thieves Update 1.02 Changes Ship Respawn Distance, Fixes Bugs
- Sea of Thieves Hits 1 Million Players In First 24hrs
- Far Cry 5 Update Coming Next Week; Improves Co-Op Connectivity and Various Stability and Performance Enhancements