Rare studio has announced that the upcoming co-op pirate adventure, Sea of Thieves, is set to have another Closed Beta event this weekend. Running from February 16 (Friday) at 10:00 GMT / 11:00 CET, until February 18 (Sunday) at 10:00 GMT / 11:00 CET. The developer is looking to test the work that they’ve done since the last closed beta with some scale tests. This time around the studio is trying to “hit a higher concurrent players numbers”.
Rare will be pushing their servers at certain times during the beta test – just to see how strong the servers are at accommodating the mass players. This may lead to issues during play, with sessions being interrupted, issues using the shops, and possibly not being able to join the game.
The closed beta will only be available to who participated in the closed beta and who are apart of Xbox Insiders. Otherwise, you won’t be able to give the game a try this time around.
Rare’s Joe Neate was recently featured in an interview in Xbox: The Official Magazine’s March 2018 issue, via WCCFTech, where he expressed his confidence and reiterated that the studio “feels good” about the game’s launch offering. He continued to praise how quickly and cooperative Sea of Thieves’ community was during the Beta, sending feedback to improve the game’s experience and helping the studio shape the game’s experience to satisfy its fans. Read up on the interview, here.
Sea of Thieves will be released on March 20 on PC and Xbox One.
- Sea of Thieves Minimum PC Requirements Revealed
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Kicks Off on January 24th; Content Included Detailed
- Rare “Feels Good” About Sea of Thieves’ Launch Offering; Game “Offers an Experience Like No Other”
- Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Begins On January 24th
- Sea Of Thieves Closed Beta Will Support Xbox Play Anywhere; Rendering Team Wants “to get Sea of Thieves running on a potato”