The open-world co-op adventure from Rare Studios, Sea of Thieves released on Tuesday to Xbox One and PC platforms -and it seems like the pregame buildup has paid off pretty well, the game hit 1 million players in the first 24hrs of launch.
Unfortunately, it hasn’t been *ahem* smooth sailing, since the 20th March, as lots of players have been reporting server issues and sometimes the inability to login from the get-go. As a result, Rare has scheduled server maintenance for the following period:
On March 22nd, servers will be going offline at 5 AM to 8 AM EDT. Another round of maintenance is planned for March 24th, 5 to 8 AM EDT. The third day of maintenance will occur on March 27th from 4 to 7 AM EDT. To keep players in the loop, Rare has just released a developer update via youtube detailing what’s new with the game.
We recently did a before you buy video on this title – if you are interested in our latest thoughts on this expansive title, check out the video, here.
Sea of Thieves is out now for PC and Xbox One
- Sea of Thieves Gets Another Closed Beta This Weekend
- Sea Of Thieves Closed Beta Had 332,052 Players; 2 Million Hours Played Cumulatively
- Sea of Thieves Pre-load Is Now Available
- Sea Of Thieves Closed Beta Will Support Xbox Play Anywhere; Rendering Team Wants “to get Sea of Thieves running on a potato”
- Sea Of Thieves Gets A Massive 18GB Update