Rare has just dropped a new update for its co-op adventure title, Sea of Thieves. Update 1.0.5 is out now for PC and Xbox One and should download as soon as you boot up your relevant platform.
Bug fixes include: issues with quests involving skeletons have been fixed, weapon slot and spawning bug problems have been solved. UI fade transitions have also been added, ammo locations on ships have also been changed allowing for easier reload, and players will no longer be able to play the same shanty one after the other.
Check out the full list of changes, down below. Sea of Thieves is out now for PC and Xbox One.
- New Message from Beyond – The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to ‘Scuttle’ a ship, so he made them write a better version – and then walk the plank.
- Reload! – Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.
- Play the next song! – Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row.
- UI Improvements – Images in the Vanity & Clothing Chests now load gracefully when browsing. In addition all UI screens now fade in when opened – Fancy!
- Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly.
We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues. If you find any further problem islands, please log a Support Ticket noting the island and we will investigate further.
- Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions.
Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
- Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking.
In loving memory of the sky ships. This was our favourite!
- [PC] Push to talk option will no longer reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- “You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy” achievement can now be unlocked.
- Kraken is no longer able to spawn around rocks.
- Kraken tentacle should always be visible when holding a player.
- Pocket watch should no longer display as closed when being shown to another player.
- Skeletons and animals should no longer despawn when players climb in and out of the cannon.
- Rogue Sea Dog Trousers and Royal Sovereign Trousers should now unlock when the requirements are met.
- Lore Item descriptions are now localised.
- Reduced popping of UI in Quick Menu.
- It is no longer possible to clip through the ship when jumping on the Banana Barrel.
- Wrong company icon is no longer incorrectly displayed for a split second if user is trying to get XP from 2 different companies.
- It is no longer possible to drop behind the bar and get stuck in the Pirate Hideout.
- Updates to incorrect NPC dialogue lines.
- Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.
- Players just outside the inky murk will now hear Kraken fight audio when it attacks other ships.
- Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.
- Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.
- Fixed a potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error.
- Multiple server crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
- Players may encounter a grey screen when launching the game.
Some players have found that following this guide and/or this Support Article resolves this issue.
- Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to re-award these achievements and commendations back to players.
- Sea Of Thieves Latest Update Introduces Legendary Ship Customization And Numerous Performance Additions
- Sea of Thieves Update 1.02 Changes Ship Respawn Distance, Fixes Bugs
- Sea of Thieves Patch 1.0.6 Released; Introduces a Sniper And Multiple Bug Fixes
- Sea of Thieves Update 1.0.8 Allows Players to Discard Unwanted Voyages from Menu, Improves VFX of Weapons and More
- Sea of Thieves Patch Adds Better Loot And New Features