While Lara’s off adventuring on the silver screen, the official Tomb Raider website has posted a rather shadowy countdown to an important announcement. Unless you’ve been living under a rock in the Geothermal Valley, you’ll know precisely what this is referring to. After whetting our appetites with hints and leaked art, it looks like Square Enix is gearing up for a big Shadow of the Tomb Raider reveal. Naturally, some perceptive individuals on Twitter and ResetEra forums managed to scrape out key details and screenshots before the actual launch.
Digging into the page’s source code pulled up a sentence outing both the game’s title and release date, which is apparently September 14.
Further inspection revealed the full unveiling would be on April 27, and that Shadow of the Tomb Raider would not be a timed exclusive like Rise of the Tomb Raider. The expected platforms are PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. One user’s search showed no results for a Switch version. We’ll see if the predictions are true by March 15 6am PDT time.
- Square Enix Officially Announces ‘Shadow Of The Tomb Raider’
- Square Enix Tantalises Tomb Raider Fans With Suspiciously Worded Post
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Confirmed at Last
- Tomb Raider Trilogy Remaster Chucked in
- Tomb Raider Has Sold 11 Million Copies; Half Of The Sales Were On PC