When the WWE went ahead with their second brand split earlier this year, one of the surprise announcements was that former U.S. and Intercontinental champion Shelton Benjamin would be making a return. The WWE even aired a little vignette to promote his return.
Except it never happened.
Benjamin ended up needing shoulder surgery, so his WWE return was shelved indefinitely. However, the 41-year-old announced on Twitter on Tuesday that he is still planning to get back in the squared circle.
For the record. I will make moves to return to @WWE when I am back to 110% physically. Anywhere from 4 to 6 months by my doc calculation.
— Shelton J. Benjamin (@Sheltyb803) November 22, 2016
If our math is correct (it probably is), that means Benjamin wouldn’t be able to return until just after WrestleMania. He was originally announced as being part of the Smackdown Live brand, but who knows if those plans will stay the same by the time he’s healthy and ready to come back.
- Report: Brock Lesnar’s Return To The UFC Is “Imminent”
- WATCH: The Epic Opening Video For WWE’s ‘Raw 25’ Anniversary Broadcast
- Chris Jericho Says He Might Never Return to the WWE
- New How to Hitman Trailer Showcases the Return of the Briefcase, Watch Trailer Here
- Payday 2 Physical Release For Switch Will Likely Cost $49.99