A 40-minute Nintendo Direct presentation has wrapped a bow on December’s massive Switch game, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, by revealing more characters, plans for DLC through 2020, and long-awaited details on the game’s local and online modes.
We should get the bad news out of the way first—Nintendo only had two truly new characters to unveil on Thursday. Incineroar, from Pokemon’s Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games, arrives as a melee-focused “luchador” type of fighter. His quick moves and heavy grapples look like an interesting alternative to the likes of classic melee character Captain Falcon.
This creature is joined by the Street Fighter series’ Ken, who will appear as an “echo” combatant alongside Street Fighter’s Ryu—meaning, they share nearly identical move sets but have slight differences in speed, power, and animations.
- Street Fighter’s Ken and Pokemon’s Incineroar Revealed as Latest Additions to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roster
- Nintendo Direct: Super Smash Bros. Officially Coming to Switch
- All Past Fighters Return In Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Leak Reveals Unannounced Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Characters
- If You Want More Capcom Games On Nintendo Switch, You’d Better Buy ‘Ultra Street Fighter II’