SOMA, Frictional Games’ science fiction horror title will finally be arriving on Microsoft’s Xbox One December 1st, what’s more, the Amnesia creators have also revealed that there will be a Safe Mode too.
The safe mode limits the game, removing all danger from the hostile creatures in the game. It’s basically for those who just want to experience the story of the PATHOS-II in the depths of the ocean.
Originally releasing back in 2015 for PC and PS4, SOMA is centered around an underwater research facility, while uncovering the mystery of the aquatic facility things start to get a little strange when the operating machinery begins to take human characteristics.
‘The radio is dead, food is running out, and the machines have started to think they are people. Underwater facility PATHOS-II has suffered an intolerable isolation and we’re going to have to make some tough decisions. What can be done? What makes sense? What is left to fight for?’
“Safe Mode” will also launch on the PC version of the game on December 1, with the update coming sometime later on PS4. Check out the Xbox One teaser for the game below.
- SOMA PS4 Now Has A Safe Mode That Removes Death
- Claim Your Free Copy of Soma on GOG
- Free games: Pick up first-person horror game Soma at no charge on GOG
- Amensia’s hard mode kills you for going insane, and it’s out now on PC
- PlayStation Plus: Free Games for December 2018, Full List of Games Detailed