GoldenEye 007 is one of the most beloved Nintendo 64 games of all time (even if it hasn’t aged as gracefully as some of the console’s other legendary titles). There have been all sorts of GoldenEye mods released in the more than two decades since the game’s original release but this new makeover may be the best one yet.
Created by StupidMarioBros1Fan, GoldeneEye with Mario Characters is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. The mod recasts every character in the game with a Super Mario counterpart, with Mario of course stepping into the shoes of 007 himself, while Luigi is double-crossing villain Alec Trevelyan. Oh and all the enemies are Koopa Troopers. So many dead Koopalings …
Of course, the standout mode in GoldenEye has always been its multiplayer and GoldenEye with Mario Characters goes the extra mile by actually adding maps based on stages from Super Mario 64, including Peach’s Castle and Bob-omb Battlefield.
The mod’s creator even went so far as to make the mod run on the N64 hardware, making it possibly the most official unofficial mod GoldenEye has ever received.
For more information on the mod, head to GoldeneyeVault.com
- Nintendo reveals it invented “Bowsette” before the Internet did
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Launch Trailer Released, Game Now Available for Nintendo Switch
- Two New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe Trailer Released, Watch Here
- ‘Mario Kart 8’ Reportedly Coming To Nintendo Switch With Tons Of New Content
- Super Mario Odyssey: Here’s How Luigi’s Balloon World Works