Sega and Puma’s collaborative sneaker expedition has been fully unveiled at last. Last month, we got a look (albeit a very blurry one) at their Sonic-themed shoe, which was brought out in celebration of the 26th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog. Today we can truly feast our eyes on the shoe in all its glory.
The Puma x Sega RS-0 Sonic footwear infuses essence of hedgehog into every part of its design, from the furry blue material covering the vamp and quarter, to the subtle nod to in-game rings spreading back towards the heelcap, a yellow chequerboard strip (a lovely throwback to shuttle loops, and not Sonic’s gold shoe buckle as I previously thought) and iconic green striped grass pattern hugging the rear, just north of the heel.
The inside of the sneakers house a special surprise too. The left shoe features a tiny dashing Sonic, while the right one sports the Sonic the Hedgehog and Puma logos. The price point for this speedy set of kicks is still unknown, but expect it to drop in June sometime.
- Sega Dashes Into Sonic Sneakers Collab With Puma
- Report: Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Coming Next Year
- Strategic Tabletop Game ‘Sonic the Hedgehog: Battle Racers’ Announced
- Modder Seamlessly Stitches Sonic Into Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Sonic Mania Sells Over 1M Copies