The changelog can be read below. It doesn’t seem to mention much aside from improving software performance which has now replaced the stability updates.
Main features in version 5.55 update
- This system software update improves system performance.
The PlayStation 4 5.55 firmware update sits at 460MB and should download as soon as you turn on your console. Let us know if you have noticed any changes after installing this new firmware update in the comments below.
‘Following the possibility of the FTC taking legal action entertainment companies like Nintendo, Sony, HTC and others, Sony has heeded the warning, allowing individuals to open up their consoles while still retaining warranty.’
- Sony Now Allows You To Open Up Your Console Without Voiding Warranty
- Sony Releases PS4 Update 5.01; Improves Stability And System Performance
- PS4 Update 5.03 Is Out Now
- Kernel Exploit for Sony PS4 Firmware 4.05 Released, Jailbreak Coming Soon
- FTC To Take Legal Action On Microsoft, Sony And Nintendo If This Warranty Practice Isn’t Removed