By Kratos, can it be? Surely my screen-weary eyes are not deceiving me. The word on the street is that Sony is seriously contemplating the addition of a PSN name change feature. An email anonymously forwarded to Push Square contains a screenshot of the survey Sony is apparently sending out to select users.
It reveals the company has “been exploring the possibility of adding a feature to PSN that lets users change their ID” but is still unsure whether “gamers are interested in (it) or not”. I’m sure a large proportion of gamers would respond vehemently in the affirmative.
Shawn Layden, Sony Interactive Entertainment America President and CEO, has dodged the question in the past, although he has assured players he’s been “working on” the feature for “quite some time”. He also hinted that we will be able to change our PSN ID before this year’s PSX event. Both Valve and Microsoft already have a feature that enables users to change their ID, so it only makes sense for Sony to join the club. Let’s hope the survey is a catalyst for change.
- PSN Will Allow Players To Change Their Username Soon
- Sony exec “confident” PS4 cross-console play “solution” is coming
- PS4 Update 5.05 Is Out Now
- UK Players Will Get An Extra 3 Months With Any 12 Month PS Plus Subscription
- CEO: PS4 blocks cross-console play to provide “best user experience”