Square Enix announced over the weekend at AnimeNYC that their book division, which is responsible for distributing some critically acclaimed mnaga/novel titles, will be publishing a new Nier: Automata prequel series.
Yes, fans of the innovative title from a couple of years ago, Nier: Automata, will be getting a prequel manga containing six issues. The manga will be titled NieR: Automata YoRHa Boys
Not many details were released about the upcoming manga series, however we do know that the series will be written by Jum Eishima, who previously wrote several Drakengard novels while Yoko Taro supervises overall production of the book. Fans of manga will also be glad to see Toshiyuki Itahana back to create the art of the series.
In addition to the announcement of the Nier: Automata YoRHa Boys, Square Enix detailed some other new manga and novel titles. Check out the full list of announcements down below:
- A Man and His Cat, Volume 1 – February 11, 2020
- Hi Score Girl, Volume 1 – February 25, 2020
- Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! , Volume 1 – March 10, 2020
- Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town, Volume 1 – Mar 24, 2020
- My Dress-Up Darling, Volume 1 – April 14, 2020
- The Misfit of Demon King Academy: History’s Strongest Demon King Reincarnates and Goes to School with His Descendants, Volume 1 – April 28, 2020
- Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina, Volume 1 – May 12, 2020
- Soul Eater: The Perfect Edition, Volume 1 – May 26, 2020
- Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future (Novel) – June 23, 2020
- Marked for Failure! The World’s Strongest Sage Reincarnates for a Do-Over, Volume 1 – July 14, 2020
Nier: Automata released back in March, 2017 and to many in the gaming community, the game was a true gem. Acclaimed for its innovative storytelling and fast-paced action RPG gameplay, the game was a perfect blend for most.
If you didn’t get around to trying out the game when it released, and need some more help making your decision, make sure to check out our Before You buy video where we give you some straight up gameplay and our first impressions of the latest games releasing right here!
NieR: Automata YoRHa Boys is set to release in the West in Fall 2020. NieR: Automata is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you excited for the upcoming prequel manga novels? Let us know in the comments below!
Source: Silconera via AnimeNYC
- Nier: Automata: Game of the Year YoRHa Edition Launch Trailer Released; Critic Accolades Showcased
- Final Fantasy 14 is getting a Nier: Automata-themed raid
- Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers’ creator thinks Nier: Automata’s director is “brilliant”
- FFXIV: Shadowbringers Latest Update Brings 24-Player Alliance Raid and Nier Crossover
- Nier: Automata has now sold 4 million copies