Square Enix’s massively multiplayer online role-playing title, Final Fantasy XIV, is a few years old now, however, the studio is doing a great job at keeping the playerbase engaged with periodic content updates and patches. The studio is even considering porting the game to Nintendo’s Switch console and Xbox One with cross-platform play support.
Final Fantasy XIV director Naoki Yoshida was recently featured in an interview with VGR. Square Enix is actually considering porting the PC and PS4 title to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch players. Not only that, Yoshida revealed they will also try and support cross-platform play between all platforms if that ever happened.
While we know that discussions are already happening about other platforms, I wanted to know if there was any update that Yoshida could give us. He noted that they want “as many to play as possible.” Discussions are still “ongoing” with all three publishers – Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo – to see if the game can come to Xbox One and Switch with cross-play with the PC and PS4 versions. Yoshida noted he “hopes to announce something as soon as we can.”
What do you think of Square Enix’s efforts in porting Final Fantasy XIV to Nintendo Switch and Xbox One?
- Final Fantasy XV Will Get Crossplay Between PC And Xbox One
- A Bunch Of Classic Final Fantasy Games Are Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Rocket League Now Has Full Cross-Platform Play for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch
- Square Enix’s Tokyo Game Show 2018 Lineup Features Just Cause 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts III and More
- Final Fantasy VII Remake May Feature Compilation Works