Following several leaks dating back nearly two years now, Square Enix has officially announced Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the final entry in Lara Croft’s reboot trilogy that began in 2013.
The game will be released for PC, Xbox One, and PS4 (with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions) on September 14, with development duties being handled by Eidos Montreal (Crystal Dynamics worked on the previous two games). A teaser trailer was also released, with a full reveal set to arrive on April 27.
Nothing else about the game is known at this time, but it’s safe to assume it will be another third-person adventure with RPG elements. Given the franchise’s quality up to this point — Rise of the Tomb Raider was one of our favorite games of 2015 — we have high expectations for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
In other Tomb Raider news, the new movie starring Alicia Vikander hits theaters Friday. Look for our review sometime tomorrow
- Square Enix Tantalises Tomb Raider Fans With Suspiciously Worded Post
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Teaser Trailer, Release Leaked
- Initial Shadow of the Tomb Raider Screens Leaked Early
- No Dual Pistols For Lara In Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Dev: This Is “The Most Difficult Tomb Raider of All the Tomb Raiders”