Star Citizen has long held the title as the most successfully crowdfunded video game in history, but did you know that the ambitious first-person title has actually raised more money than all the games combined on Kickstarter?
According to a new report from Polygon, Star Citizen has raised more money than all the games on Kickstarter combined for the second year in a row.
As you can see from the infographic, the open-world title managed to raise $34.91 million USD in 2017, which is slightly less than they raised in 2016, this compares to $17.25m raised by other Kickstarter games in 2017 and $17.6m in 2016.
While Star Citizen may have a huge financial backing this hasn’t stopped the game from having any controversy, delays, hundreds of gamers demanding their cash back and even a lawsuit from Crytek for breach of contract has put this developing game in hot water since it first burst onto the scene in 2012.
Thoughts on Star Citizen amidst its controversy? Does the title deserve such a large financial backing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 is out now for PC.
- It Now Only Takes 24hrs To Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Heroes
- Battlefront II May Be Discounted In December Due To The Last Jedi Release
- Star Wars Battlefront II Gets A New Patch – Almost A Decade Later
- EA Analysts Lower Company’s Profit Forecast for FY2018 Due to Need for Speed Payback and Battlefront II Reception
- EA Redesign’s Star Wars Battlefront II’s Progression System