EA has a few notable Star Wars video games and updates lined up. This month is the launch of their latest Star Wars title from development studio Respawn Entertainment, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. While fans worldwide are likely eager to get their hands on this single-player narrative-driven video game title, others who have been enjoying the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 title might be more keen at the upcoming updates.
This month was supposed to see an update for the game which has been pushed back. We don’t know just what caused the delay, but Ben Walke, a developer over at EA DICE has announced the November update delay on Twitter. Fans should expect the update during the first week of December with another update following shortly after.
More importantly, December 20, 2019, will the launch of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. This film will be ending a saga and it’s going to bring out some exciting new content to Star Wars: Battlefront 2. We know that the movie will bring in new content to the video game but we don’t know just what to expect. There very well could be new characters appearing in the title along with levels based around the sets constructed for the movie. Regardless, the start of The Rise of Skywalker content will be coming out starting in December as well.
For now, it’s anyone’s guess what to expect as we don’t even know the release date attached to the game update yet. With that said, plenty is speculating that the Star Wars movie content update will hit the game around the same time as the film debut launch in theaters.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2: Rise of Skywalker Trailer Showcases the Epic Finale to the Saga
- New Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition leaked, release date seemingly confirmed
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 delays its new map for fear of Rise of Skywalker spoilers
- Star Wars Battlefront II’s Last DLC, Battle of Scarif Arrives April 29th
- Watch John Boyega Play Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for the First Time Right Here