For gamers across the community, the Nintendo Switch pro controller is arguably the best in current generation gaming, what with its NFC support, gyroscopic aiming and movement, and high-quality HD Rumble. But as you would expect, the experience has been limited to Nintendo’s console, until now.
Valve has officially added support for the Switch Pro Controller on Steam. The feature is currently only available through the latest Steam client beta though, but will likely make its way to a general release as soon as it’s stable.
“We’re pleased to announce that the latest Steam Client Beta adds support for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller”, Valve’s Steam controller team writes. “We think it is a great device with a feature set that pairs nicely with your Steam catalog. The d-pad is ideal for fighting games and platformers and the gyro enhances aim in your action/FPS titles. If you’d like to test it out you will need to opt into the Steam Client Beta then follow the steps below. We hope you enjoy and, as always, we welcome your feedback.”
Will you be testing out the new feature? Let us know down in the comments below.
- The Nintendo Switch Now Supports GameCube Controllers
- Steam Link now lets you stream to multiple devices for local co-op
- Nintendo Working On A Joy-Con Model Alteration
- Console gamepads are 36 times more popular on PC than Steam Controllers
- Payday 2 Launches On Nintendo Switch February 2018