Subnautica first graced us with its stunning underwater open world adventure back in 2014, now 4 years later the game has finally left development with an official release.
The game’s storyline is pretty straightforward, your ship crashes on a predominantly water-based planet. You have to dive down into the depths, avoiding all manner of dangerous sea creatures and salvaging materials to aid you. Visually the game is stunning, you’ll be ‘oohing’ and’ aahing’ and the strange and wonderful aquatic life while keeping a good check on your oxygen tank. Besides the exploration part of the game, there’s a mysterious storyline players will have to uncover through audio logs and peculiar visions.
Descend into the depths of an alien underwater world filled with wonder and peril. Craft equipment, pilot submarines and out-smart wildlife to explore lush coral reefs, volcanoes, cave systems, and more – all while trying to survive.
The game has been critically praised from normal gamers and publications with most gamers noting it’s original take on horror and survival themes. This and of course the stunning alien environment.
Subnautica is out now on Steam for PC.
- No Man’s Sky: The Abyss Update Now Live on All Platforms; Brings New Underwater Exploration and More
- Subnautica Officially Coming to PS4 Later in December
- Epic Games Store Offers Subnautica For Free
- Ambitious Rogue Indie Below Receives December 14th Release Date
- Get mauled by bloodthirsty sharks in underwater battle royale Last Tide