Described as a fully-fledged sequel to the original “Super Mario Maker” for the Wii U, “Super Mario Maker 2” will let users create their own courses using a new toolset of items. The sequel will also let you make slopes in your courses, something that wasn’t possible in the last game.
Nintendo first showed off a few of the new items and customization options when “Super Mario Maker 2” was first announced in February, including Mario’s Lucky Bell power-up that outfits him in a cat suit and allows him to climb walls.
There’s also a new visual style for players to make use of when building levels as well. The Angry Sun from “Super Mario Bros. 3,” new backgrounds, placeable objects, and a wealth of what was first seen in “Super Mario Maker” on Wii U. You can check out that gameplay video in full below.
- Super Mario Maker 2 Announced for Nintendo Switch, Set to Release This June
- ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ Has An Intimidating Amount of Customization Options
- Super Mario Maker 2 Release Date Revealed
- Super Mario Maker 2 review: More Mario means more merriment
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Launch Trailer Released, Game Now Available for Nintendo Switch