It seems Nintendo’s latest Super Mario title has been performing exceptionally well. The modern 3D platforming take on series, Super Mario Odyssey officially sold 2 million copies in the space of just 3 days.
The news comes from Nintendo’s latest financial earnings report which states that just 3 days after the title’s launch on the 27th of October, the game hit 2 million copies sold.
When comparing this figure to the number of Switch owners one can see just how brilliantly the title performed in the space of just those few days. In total there are 7 Million Switch owners, which means that 30 percent of all Switch owners having bought the game.
While The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are currently the two best-selling Switch games with 4.7 million units and 4.42 million units sold respectively, Super Mario Odyessys sales are still ridiculously impressive, hitting nearly have of the two best selling game’s sales in a couple of days – this means that Super Mario Odyessy could very likely become the leading title of the Hybrid Console.
How have you found Super Mario Odyssey so far? Digging it? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Switch is selling well, but Nintendo thinks it can sell even better
- Nintendo Switch Sells 221,210 Units In Japan In A Single Week
- The Nintendo Switch Hits Another Major Sales Milestone
- Horizon Zero Dawn Worldwide Sales Estimated At 4 Million Units
- Resident Evil 2 has sold more Steam copies than Resident Evil 7